Chehalis Tribe plates
Starting January 1, 2023, vehicle registrations allow the removal of your address. New registrations have your address located on the bottom. There's a dotted line showing where to cut it. This is optional and intended to provide address privacy in case of theft.
- What you need to do to qualify.
- Find out the initial cost for plates.
- Submit your application and payment.
- Update your Good-to-Go! account, if needed.
- Renew your plates yearly.
1. What you need to do to qualify
Chehalis tribal governments and enrolled tribal members are eligible to receive tribal license plates. Tribal members must provide proof of eligibility when applying for a tribal license plate.
Tribal ID for the Chehalis Tribe shall be sufficient evidence to prove eligibility.
2. Find out the initial cost for plates
If you want your special design plates:
- To get the next available number, continue to step 3. Submit your proof, payment, and application.
- To have it personalized, see Get personalized plates.
Note: These plates are flat — they don't have raised characters.
Save money when renewing your tabs early and getting new personalized or specialty plates
If your tabs expire in 6 months or less, you can save money by getting your new plates and tabs at the same time. By renewing early, you won't have to pay the following plate renewal fees the first year:
- $42 for personalized plates
3. Submit your proof and payment with the application
Contact a vehicle licensing office to find out the total cost of your plates.
Mail a copy of your Tribal ID and payment with the Chehalis Tribe Plate Application.
Take or mail to any vehicle licensing office.
Things to know
COVID-19 closures have affected the production of our license plates, tabs, and decals. This has caused significant delays in our ability to issue them to you.
You may want to consider waiting to apply for a personalized or specialty plate.
If you have a temporary permit expiring soon, you can visit a vehicle licensing office to get a new one.
We don't have a timeline for when production delays will return to normal. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes.
4. Update your Good To Go! account, if needed
If you have a Good To Go! electronic tolling pass, be sure to update the contact information on your account with the Department of Transportation:
- Online: www.wsdot.wa.gov/goodtogo/
- By phone: 866.936.8246
5. Renew your plates yearly
You must renew your plates every year, even if you're not using the vehicle. If you have personalized plates, see Renew your personalized plates every year.