Find resources to spread awareness about the upcoming REAL ID travel requirements.
On May 7, 2025, the federal REAL ID Act goes into effect nationwide. Beginning on that date, if you don’t have a REAL ID-compliant driver license or ID card, you won’t be able to fly in the U.S. or enter a restricted federal facility.
Help prepare Washington communities for REAL ID
Is your community prepared to travel in 2025? Here's what can you do to help inform people about the law.
1. Share the contents of this toolkit
- Share videos, the ID2025 website, or talking points from the frequently asked questions (FAQ) on your organization’s social media channels.
- Print brochures to distribute to your community.
- Display infographic posters on bulletin boards or windows.
If you'd like us to print and mail you rack cards or infographic posters, email us at DOLCommOutreach@dol.wa.gov.
2. Prepare your staff to talk about ID2025
- Check out the frequently asked questions (FAQ) for talking points.
- Remember that each community member’s situation may be unique.
- When in doubt, use the “Are you ready?” quiz on the ID2025 website to determine the best options.
- Send the toolkit to your staff who help community members every day.
- Dedicate some time during your next staff meeting to review the materials.
3. Spread facts, not fears
- REAL ID only affects those who plan to fly or enter certain federal facilities.
- Your standard driver license or standard ID card will still be valid after May 2025.
Materials in multiple languages
English ID2025 materials
Spanish ID2025 materials
Chinese ID2025 materials
Korean ID2025 materials
Russian ID2025 materials
Vietnamese ID2025 materials
Ukrainian ID2025 materials
Somali ID2025 materials
Tagalog ID2025 materials
- Take a REAL ID quiz to help find your personalized options. The website is available in 5 languages.
- Watch our ID2025 YouTube playlists in 4 languages.
- Invite our outreach team to your next event with our Outreach Request form.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions for continuous improvement. For questions and comments about ID2025, email us at DOLCommOutreach@dol.wa.gov.