Professional martial arts participant
You must be at least 18 years old.
What you'll need
- A SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account to apply online.
- If you don't have one, you'll be able to create one before you start.
- For help visit How to set up account access.
How to apply
You can apply online or by mail.
Apply and pay by mail.
- Send the following:
- Combative Sports Participant License Application/Renewal.
- Physical Examination for Referees and Professional Boxing, Martial Arts, and Wrestling Participants, completed and signed by a medical doctor (MD), osteopath (DO), or naturopath (ND) only.
- Check or money order for the application Fee payable to the Department of Licensing.
- Mail to:
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3856
Seattle, WA 98124-3856
What is professional martial arts?
It's a type of full-contact boxing without weapons. Participants use kicks, punches, blows, or other techniques to defeat an opponent or win by decision, knockout, technical knockout, or submission; not to injure or disable them.
Martial arts includes:
- Kung fu
- Muay Thai
- Other forms of full-contact martial arts or self-defense.