Administering driver license exams at your school
- School must have a Master Examiner or Certified Examiner
- Or Knowledge Examiner if school is wanting to only administer the Knowledge exam.
- Be a licensed Driver Training School and actively providing classroom and/or behind the wheel instruction at your school.
- Have the required insurance coverage of $1,000,000 per occurrence for vehicles and premises.
- WAC 308-110: Administration of knowledge and skills testing by driver training schools.
- WAC 308-108: Driver training schools.
What you'll need
- A SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account to apply online.
- If you don't have one, you'll be able to create one before you start.
- For help visit How to set up account access.
- Complete and submit the Request to Administer Driver License Exams form.
- Driver Training Schools Examinations Site Information.
- List all branch locations (including high schools) where you will conduct exams.
- At least 2 test routes for skills exams with turn-by-turn instructions
- See Section 6 of the Instructor Examiner's Guidelines and Requirements.
- Provide your most current proof of instruction for teens. In schools that offer only adult education, please provide proof of adult instruction.
- Your school's exam policies that include:
- The Department's authorization to re-test.
- Exam requirements.
- Exam fees.
- Refund policy.
- Retesting policies.
- Complaint/grievance procedure.
Submit a New Contract AMR from your online dashboard.File online
- How to get your license (instructors and schools)
- Laws and rules (includes current rulemaking activity)