Training school resources: Change ownership of a training school
Things to know
- If the school is a testing location, please contact us.
- There is a $500 non-refundable application fee
- You must apply within 10 days of purchasing an existing school from current owner.
- Allow 4 weeks for processing. You will be able to operate using the current license during this time.
What you'll need
- A SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account to apply online.
- If you don't have one, you'll be able to create one before you start.
- For help visit How to set up account access.
- A business license UBI from the Department of Revenue.
- Copy of the business purchase agreement for school.
- Copy of lease for school premises.
- Proof of insurance for school premises that includes the street address for the school.
- Proof of insurance for vehicle(s).
- Vehicle registration information.
- A packet for each non-instructor employee and/or owner, see staff certificate
- Curriculum forms::
- Curriculum Cross Reference Tool
- Student record
- Behind the Wheel form
- Flow chart
- Final test and answers
How to apply
- Prepare your documents for upload.
- Create your SAW account to apply and pay your fees online.
An auditor will contact you to schedule an inspection of your school and vehicles.
After you get your license
Post all applicable licenses at your place of business before you start instructing students.