Alternative education requirements: Funeral directors
Alternative education requirements
If you don’t have an Associates of Arts degree in Mortuary Science, you must pass college-level courses at:
- A regionally accredited school, college, or university.
- Another accredited association approved by the board.
The courses must meet all the following requirements:
- You must complete 60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits with a 2.0 grade point average or grade C or better.
- The required courses must include the following subjects:
- 1 course in psychology
- 1 course in mathematics
- 2 courses in English composition
- 2 courses in social science (subjects with an * can apply as both a social science and a behavioral science course):
- American Cultural Studies
- American Indian Studies
- Asian American Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Forest Resources
- Human Services
- International Studies
- Political Science
- Social Studies
- Social Work
- Speech Communications
- Urban Design and Planning
- Women Studies
- 3 courses selected from any of the following subjects:
- Public speaking
- Business administration and management
- Computer science
- First aid
- Behavioral sciences:
- Liberal Studies
- Women Studies
- Credits may be earned at more than 1 college to satisfy the total number required.
A diploma or certificate from a mortuary school whose curriculum doesn't equal at least 60 semester or 90 quarter hours doesn't meet Washington's education requirements.
Questions? Need help?
- Email us: email@example.com
- Call us: 360.664.1555