How to renew your license: Home inspectors
Things to know
- Licenses expire every 2 years on your birthday
- You can renew 120 days before your license expires
- There is a late fee if you don't renew before it expires.
- We consider you unlicensed if your license expires or gets canceled. You may be subject to disciplinary action for engaging in unlicensed activity.
What you'll need
- Your license number.
- Have completed 24 hours of approved continuing education.
- Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit or debit card to pay renewal fee.
- If needed, documents for legal background questions, ready to upload.
- A SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account to apply online.
- If you don't have one, you'll be able to create one before you start.
- For help visit How to set up account access.
Create or use your SAW account to renew and pay your fees online.Start renewal
Renew by mail
- Follow the instructions on your renewal letter.
- No renewal letter? Submit the appropriate fees with a completed Licensed Home Inspector Renewal Application.
Questions? Need help?
- Email us: DOLINTHomeInspectors@dol.wa.gov
- Call us: 360.664.6487