How to get your license: Landscape architect by reciprocity

Our Customer Service Counter has moved. The counter is located at 405 Black Lake Blvd, Olympia, WA 98502. Map and driving directions (

Save a trip! Many services are available online!


To qualify for reciprocity, you must:

  • Hold an active landscape architect license in another state or country
  • Have qualifications and experience that meet the following criteria:

How to apply

  1. Complete, sign, and date a Landscape Architect Law Summary Review.
  2. Submit your application, either online or by mail:
    • Online
      • If you don’t have a CLARB Council Record, complete a Landscape Architect Online Application Supplement and have it ready for upload. See Uploading document instructions.
      • Login and follow the on-screen instructions to submit and pay your reciprocity application and 2-year license fees.
        • During this process, you will upload:
          • Completed Landscape Architect Online Application Supplement (only if you don’t have a CLARB Council Record)
          • Completed Landscape Architect Law Summary Review (step 1 above).
    • By mail
  3. Request the required supporting documents for your application:
    • If you have a CLARB Council Record: Have CLARB transmit your record to the board.
    • If you don’t have a CLARB Council Record:
      • Complete section A of a Landscape Architect Employment and Experience Verification form for each work experience you are having verified. Have the work verifier complete sections B and C and return the form to the address at the top of the form.
      • Have all of the following sent to the address shown below:
        • Official college transcripts from your college/university
        • Certification of completion of one of the following exams from the state where you received your first license:
          • Landscape Architect Registration Exam (LARE), or
          • Uniform National Exam for Landscape Architects (UNE)
        • Certification of a valid landscape architect license from the state where you are currently licensed

Mailing address for third-party submissions:

Board of Licensure for Landscape Architects
Department of Licensing
PO Box 9012
Olympia, WA 98507
Email: (email must come directly from third party)

Questions? Need help?

Contact us
Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website