Recordkeeping and business practices: Limousines
Your Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number must be on any advertisement for your business.
We select limousine carriers on a random basis for audits of records. All documents listed below must be on file and available for review upon request. Don't send them to us unless directed to do so.
- Advertising records and contracts
- Passenger manifests
- Dispatch log
- Contracts for related services
- Customer payment records
- Collision and injury reports
- Customer comments or complaints and responses
- Inspection reports
- Registration certificates
- Insurance certificates
- Maintenance records
Maintained for each chauffeur:
- Copy of valid WA State driver license (front and back).
- Training test scores.
- A Department of Licensing Employment Driving Record issued no more than 60 days before hire.
- See options on how to buy a driving record.
- If they've lived in another state in the past 5 years, you must have a complete driving record from the previous state.
- Results of a background check from the Washington State Patrol within the last 2 years.
- A U.S. Department of Transportation (completed/signed by the doctor), certifying their fitness to be a chauffeur. The exam and medical certificate are required every 2 years.
- A drug test report obtained within the past 90 days.
- A report or certificate from a drug testing facility stating the chauffeur is participating in a random testing program. Before recertifying the chauffeur on your annual application they must get an updated report.