If the information on this translated website is unclear, please contact us at 360.902.3900 for help in your language of choice.

Replace your enhanced ID card (EID)

If your EID is lost or stolen, you can get a replacement online or at a driver licensing office. If it'll expire within 3 months, please renew it instead.


You can replace your enhanced ID card online if:

  • You had a valid, unexpired enhanced ID card.
  • You haven't replaced or renewed your enhanced ID card online within the past 12 months.
  • We have your Social Security number and current address on file.

You can't replace your enhanced ID card online if:

  • You moved out of Washington State.
  • You changed your name from what is printed on your Enhanced ID Card.
  • Your record shows you had a dishonored check, unpaid traffic fines, unpaid reissuance fee, suspension, revocation, or cancellation.

When you complete the online application:

  • You can print a receipt for your records.
  • After we approve your application, we'll mail an exact copy of the lost or stolen enhanced ID card to the residence address we have on file for you. You should get your replacement card within 10 days. If you don't get your replacement within 30 days, call us at 360.902.4071.

What if I haven't received my driver license yet?

If you don't get it after 30 days, call us at 360.902.3900 (TTY: call 711).

Related information

Questions? Need help?

Call us: 360.902.3900 (TTY: Call 711)

Chatbot icon