How to request a hearing
|Type of suspension||How to request a hearing||Fee|
|Driving under the influence (DUI)
(Includes refusal to take a breath or blood test)
|Habitual Traffic Offender (HTO)||Complete a Habitual Traffic Offender Hearing Request and mail or fax it to us at the address on the form.||None|
|Cases other than DUI or HTO||Complete the hearing request form you received with your suspension letter, and mail it to the address on the form.||None|
*This fee may be waived if you're found to be indigent and have an income below the poverty threshold.
If you're applying for a DUI hearing as an indigent (requesting a fee waiver), you must:
- Log in or join to request a hearing online, or complete a Request for DUI Hearing and mail it to the address on the form, and
- Complete a DUI Administrative Hearing Fee Waiver Application .
- Be indigent as defined in .
- Have an income below the Washington State poverty cut-off level shown below:
2021 poverty guidelines for Washington State People in family/household Annual income Monthly income 1 $12,880 $1,073.33 2 $17,420 $1,451.66 3 $21,960 $1,830.00 4 $26,500 $2,208.33 5 $31,040 $2,586.66 6 $35,580 $2,965.00 7 $40,120 $3,343.33 8 $44,660 $3,721.66
For families/households with more than 8 people: add $4,540 annually for each additional person.
- How to prepare for a hearing
- (DUI) Driving under the influence
- Types of suspensions (information about each type of suspension)
- Code of Conduct for Hearing Examiners