How to request a hearing
|Type of suspension||How to request a hearing||Fee|
|Driving under the influence (DUI)
(Includes refusal to take a breath or blood test)
|Habitual Traffic Offender (HTO)||Complete a Habitual Traffic Offender Hearing Request (English, Español, Русский, and more) and mail or fax it to us at the address on the form.||None|
|Cases other than DUI or HTO||Complete the hearing request form you received with your suspension letter, and mail it to the address on the form.||None|
*This fee may be waived if you're found to be indigent and have an income below the poverty threshold.
If you're applying for a DUI hearing as an indigent (requesting a fee waiver), you must:
- Log in or join to request a hearing online, or complete a Request for DUI Hearing (English, Español, Русский, and more) and mail it to the address on the form, and
- Complete a DUI Administrative Hearing Fee Waiver Application (English, Español, Русский, and more).
- Be indigent as defined in RCW 10.101.010.
- Have an income below the Washington State poverty cut-off level shown below:
2023 poverty guidelines for Washington State People in family/household Annual income Monthly income 1 $18,225 $1,519 2 $24,650 $2,054 3 $31,075 $2,590 4 $37,500 $3,125 5 $43,925 $3,660 6 $50,350 $4,196 7 $56,775 $$4,731 8 $63,200 $5,267
For families/households with more than 8 people: add $6,425 annually or $535 monthly for each additional person.
- How to prepare for a hearing
- (DUI) Driving under the influence
- Types of suspensions (information about each type of suspension)
- Code of Conduct for Hearing Examiners
Questions? Need help?
Call us: 360.902.3900 (TTY: Call 711)