Renew your ID card
How to renew your ID card
- Renew online if you got a renewal letter from us.
- Log in or join to renew online and save your information for next time.
- When you're done, print the receipt. It will show you've renewed your ID card, but can't be used for photo ID since it doesn't include your photo or signature.
- Your new ID card will show the last photo we took of you at an office.
- We'll mail your new card to the Washington residence address we have on file for you in 7-10 business days. If you don't get it within 30 days, call us at 360.902.3900 (TTY: call 711).
- Renew in person by making an appointment to visit a driver licensing office. Be sure to bring:
- Your ID card.
- Payment for the fee.
Is your address up-to-date?
If you need to update your address, please change your address before you renew. When you renew, we match your Washington residence address with the United States Postal Service (USPS).
Are you a twin or triplet?
When you get your driver license or ID card, we may ask if you’re a twin or triplet. Answering this question is voluntary.
We share this information with the Washington State Twin Registry. The Registry will contact you and ask if you’d like to join the Twin Registry. Learn more about the program on the Washington State Twin Registry website.
Enhanced ID cards (EIDs)
Please see Renew your EDL/EID to learn how to renew your enhanced ID card.
- Update your driver license or ID card (change your address, name, or gender designation)
- Replace a lost ID card