Learn the requirements and how to apply for a license to operate a mixed martial arts organization that sanctions competitive amateur events.
Get your license faster! Apply for your license online.
Who needs a license?
Any organization that's primarily dedicated to advancing the sport of amateur mixed martial arts, and where the event promoter, officials, and participants are all licensed in Washington.
How to apply
Follow the steps below to apply for your license.
1. Meet the requirements
To be licensed, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have an established place of business that offers training in one or more of the mixed martial arts
- Have a current tax registration through the Department of Revenue
- Have a minimum of three years total combined amateur or professional experience in at least three of the following areas:
- Offering training in one or more of the mixed martial arts at your established business
2. Gather the necessary documents
Provide a list of authorized representatives who will be in charge of events or exhibitions. Changes to this list won't be accepted within 30 days before an event or exhibition.
3. Submit your application
Submit your application online
You'll receive your license faster by applying and paying online.
Submit your application by mail
Mail your form and a check or money order (payable to the Department of Licensing) for the application fees to:
Combative Sports Program
Department of Licensing
PO Box 35001
Seattle, WA 98124-35001
Get email updates
Subscribe to our email list to get the latest information on boxing, wrestling, and martial arts licensing.