Learn how to renew your private investigative agency license with the Department of Revenue.
Get your license faster! Renew or update your license online.
Renew your license
- You must renew your license every year
- You can renew up to 120 days before your license expires
- There will be a late fee if you don't renew before the expiration
- If your license expires and you don't renew within 1 year, we will cancel it and you must apply to reinstate it
You must complete a renewal application form and pay the license renewal fee.
Update your contact information online, if necessary, before you renew your license.
How to renew your license
Follow these steps to renew your license.
Gather the required documents
- Renewal application
- Payment for the license renewal fee
Renew your license online
You'll receive your license faster by renewing and paying online.
Renew online at the Department of Revenue's website.
Renew your license by mail
To renew by mail, follow the instructions on your renewal notice.
If you did not receive a renewal notice, contact the Department of Revenue's Business Licensing Service at 360-705-6741. Have your Unified Business Identification (UBI) number ready.
Mail your form and a check or money order for the renewal fee (payable to the Department of Revenue) to:
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
After you renew
You will receive your license at the address on file within 14 business days.