Learn the current laws and rules for private investigators and view rulemaking activity.
List of rulemaking activity
Rulemaking is how we create or change rules. See the latest rulemaking for private investigators.
Current laws and rules
- Private investigators (Chapter 18.165 RCW)
- Private investigator agencies and private investigators (Chapter 308-17 WAC)
- Uniform regulation of business and professions act (Chapter 18.235 RCW)
Explanation of abbreviations
- RCW—Revised Code of Washington (Washington laws)
- WAC—Washington Administrative Code (Washington agency regulations)