Learn the requirements and how to apply for a license to work as a promotor for boxing, kickboxing, wrestling, and martial arts competitive events.
Who needs a license?
You must have a promoter license to hold:
- Professional boxing, kickboxing, wrestling, or martial arts events.
- Amateur mixed martial arts events overseen by a licensed sanctioning organization or the Department of Licensing.
- Closed-circuit telecast events.
How to apply
Follow the steps below to get your promoter license for combative sports.
1. Meet the requirements
To get a promotor license, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a current tax registration through the Department of Revenue.
- Have an active surety bond.
2. Complete the necessary documents
- Combative Sports Promoter License Application/Renewal
- Combative Sports Promoter Surety Bond for the required surety bond amount
3. Submit your application
You can submit your application online or by mail.
Submit your application online
Get your license faster by applying online!
Don't have a SAW account? Learn how to create a SAW account.
Submit your application by mail
Mail your completed forms along with a check or money order payable to the Department of Licensing for the application fee to:
Combative Sports Program
Department of Licensing
PO Box 35001
Seattle, WA 98124-35001
Get email updates
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the latest rule changes, licensing updates, and board notices by email.