Learn how to renew or update your seller of travel license and see what documents you need to complete.
Things to know
- Renewal fee: $222
- Licenses expire in 1 year
- You can renew 120 days before your license expires
How to renew
You can renew online with the Department of Revenue.
What you'll need:
- If there are changes to your financial guarantee, the appropriate supporting documents shown below ready to upload
- MasterCard, Visa, or American Express credit/debit card (transaction fee charged) or bank account information for E-check
Want to renew by mail?
Follow the instructions on your renewal letter from Business Licensing Service. If you did not receive a renewal letter, contact Business Licensing Service at 360-705-6741. Have your Unified Business Identification (UBI) number ready.
After you renew
You'll receive your license at the address on file within 14 business days.
Supporting documents for your application
If you hold funds received for retail travel services for more than 5 business days, you must show proof of a financial guarantee in one of the following forms:
- Trust account: Completed Sellers of Travel Trust Account Declaration
- Bond: Completed Seller of Travel/Out-of-State Seller of Travel Surety Bond with the amount of the bond based on the prior year's gross annual income of business conducted with Washington residents:
Gross income and surety bond requirements Annual gross income of business conducted with Washington residents Amount of surety bond or other instrument approved by the DOL $199,999 and under $10,000 $200,000 to $499,999 $20,000 $500,000 to $749,999 $30,000 $750,000 to $999,999 $40,000 $1,000,000 and above $50,000
- Professional association membership: Official certification from the professional association identifying itself and confirming:
- Your membership is in good standing
- You have a minimum of $1,000,000 in errors and professional liability insurance coverage
- You have a bond or equivalent protection of at least $250,000
- The expiration date of your membership