Horseless Carriage plates
Starting January 1, 2023, vehicle registrations allow the removal of your address. New registrations have your address located on the bottom. There's a dotted line showing where to cut it. This is optional and intended to provide address privacy in case of theft.
- Plate requirements.
- Vehicle requirements.
- Find out the initial cost for plates.
- Submit your application and payment.
- If you use restored WA license plates.
- Update your Good-to-Go! account, if needed.
1. Plates requirements
- You must be a WA state vehicle owner, to get these plates.
- They can only be used on the vehicle they were purchased for.
- The plates are displayed on the rear of the vehicle. If you provide a set of restored plates, they may be displayed on the front and rear of the vehicle.
- You don't need to display month/year tabs on the plates.
2. Vehicle requirements
Vehicles with these plates:
- Must have a current registration.
- Must be more than 40 years old.
- Be capable of operating on the highway.
- Be owned and operated as collector vehicles.
- May be driven:
- To and from auto shows, circuses, parades, displays, special excursions, and antique car club meetings.
- For testing purposes.
- For the pleasure of others without compensation.
- May not be used for:
- Regular transportation in the manner of a fully licensed vehicle.
- Commercial purposes or to carry a load.
Note: These plates are not available for trailers.
3. Find out the initial cost for plates
4. Submit your application and payment
Contact a vehicle licensing office to find out the total cost of your plates.
Submit a Specialty License Plate Application and payment to:
Special Plate Unit
Department of Licensing
PO Box 9043
Olympia, WA 98507-8500
5. If you use restored WA license plates
You can use restored plates on your antique vehicle instead of getting a Horseless Carriage plate through us. Restored license plates must be from the same year that the vehicle was manufactured. The plates must be restored to their original design. You can't use reproductions. For more information, see Restored license plates.
6. Update your Good To Go! account, if needed
If you have a Good To Go! electronic tolling pass, be sure to update the contact information on your account with the Department of Transportation:
- By phone: 866.936.8246